G.R. Lane Health Products Ltd Online Privacy Notice
Thank you for visiting a G.R. Lane Health Products website or interacting with us via email.
At LanesHealth, we understand the importance of protecting the privacy of visitors to our Websites and the information we gain.
Under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) personal data is defined as:
“Any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person ('data subject'); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
How we use your information
This privacy notice tells you how we, G.R. Lane Health Products Ltd, will collect and use your personal data for cookies, complaints, competition entry and response to queries. Complaints may be covered by MHRA regulations as legal records.
This policy applies to personal information (as defined below) collected from LanesHealth online re-sources and communications (such as websites, email, and other online tools) that display a link to this policy.
This policy does not apply to personal information collected from offline resources and communications, except in cases where such personal information is consolidated with personal information collected by LanesHealth online. This policy also does not apply to third-party online resources to which LanesHealth’s websites may link, where LanesHealth does not control the content or the privacy practices of such resources.
We only collect personally identifiable information about you if you choose to give it to us. We do not share any of your personally identifiable information with third parties for their own marketing use unless you explicitly give us permission to do so. Please review this Privacy Statement to learn more about how we collect, use, share and protect information online.
There are two general methods that LanesHealth uses to collect personal information online:
- Information you supply
- Personal information: You can visit our websites without providing any personal information. We may collect your personally identifiable information (such as name, address, telephone number, email address or other identifying information) only when you choose to submit it to us. We may also collect health information about you that you provide by responding to our questions or surveys.
- Aggregate information: Wherever possible, we also remove personal identifiers from data you provide to us and maintain it in aggregate form. We may combine this data with other information to produce anonymous, aggregated statistical information (e.g. number of visitors, originating domain name of the Internet Service Provider), helpful to us in improving our products and services.
- Automatically collected information
We automatically receive certain types of information whenever you interact with us on our sites and in some emails we may send each other. Automatic technologies we use may include, for example, Web server logs/IP addresses, cookies and Web beacons.
- Web Server Logs/IP Addresses. An IP address is a number assigned to your computer whenever you access the Internet. All computer identification on the Internet is conducted with IP addresses, which allow computers and servers to recognise and communicate with each other. LanesHealth collects IP addresses to conduct system administration and report aggregate information to affiliates, business partners and/or vendors to conduct site analysis and Website performance review. Cookies. A cookie is a piece of information that is placed automatically on your computer’s hard drive when you access certain websites. The cookie uniquely identifies your browser to the server. Cookies allow us to store information on the server to help make the Web experience better for you and to conduct site analysis and website performance review.
- Web Beacons. On certain Web pages or emails, LanesHealth may utilise a common Internet technology called a "Web beacon" (also known as an "action tag" or "clear GIF technology.") Web beacons help analyse the effectiveness of websites by measuring, for example, the number of visitors to a site or how many visitors clicked on key elements of a site.
Web beacons, cookies and other tracking technologies do not automatically obtain personally identifiable information about you. Only if you voluntarily submit personally identifiable information, such as by registering or sending emails, can these automatic tracking technologies be used to provide further information about your use of the Websites and/or interactive emails to improve their usefulness to you.
Why does G.R. Lane Health Products Ltd need to collect and store personal data?
In order for us to provide you with the above services we need to collect personal data for correspondence purposes. In any event, we are committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate for this purpose, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
In terms of being contacted for marketing purposes, G.R. Lane Health Products Ltd would contact you for additional consent.
You have several choices regarding your use of our websites. You could decide not to submit any personally identifiable information at all by not entering it into any forms or data fields on our sites and not using any available personalised services. If you choose to submit personal data, you have the right to see and correct your data at any time by accessing the application.
Certain sites may ask for your permission for certain uses of your information and you can agree to or decline those uses. If you opt-in for particular services or communications, such as an e-newsletter, you will be able to unsubscribe at any time by following the instructions included in each communication. If you decide to unsubscribe from a service or communication, we will work to remove your information promptly, although we may require additional information before we can process your request.
As described above, if you wish to prevent cookies from tracking you anonymously as you navigate our sites, you can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent.
LanesHealth uses technology and security precautions, rules and other procedures to protect your personal data from unauthorised access, improper use, disclosure, loss or destruction. To ensure the confidentiality of your data, LanesHealth uses industry standard firewalls, encryption and password protection.
It is, however, your personal responsibility to ensure that the computer you are using is adequately secured and protected against malicious software, such as trojans, computer viruses and malware.
You are aware of the fact that without adequate security measures (e.g. secure web browser configuration, up-to-date antivirus software, personal firewall software, no usage of software from dubious sources) there is a risk that the data and passwords you use to protect access to your data, could be disclosed to unauthorised third parties.
Use of data
LanesHealth, including the subsidiaries, divisions and groups worldwide and/or the companies we hire to perform services on our behalf, will use any personally identifiable information you choose to give us to comply with your requests. We will retain control of and responsibility for the use of this information, and we will ensure that appropriate protections are in place to maintain protection on the data.
The information will be helpful for us to better understand your needs and to improve our products and services. It helps us also to personalise certain communications with you about services and promotions that you might find interesting. For example, we may analyse the gender or age of visitors to sites about a particular medication or disease state, and we may use that analysis of aggregate data internally or share it with others.
Will G.R. Lane Health Products Ltd share my personal data with anyone else?
We may pass your personal data on to third-party service providers contracted to G.R. Lane Health Products Ltd in the course of dealing with you. Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only to fulfil the service they provide you on our behalf. When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of the details in line with G.R. Lane Health Products Ltd’s procedures. If we wish to pass your sensitive personal data onto a third party we will only do so once we have obtained your consent, unless we are legally required to do otherwise.
We may also disclose personally identifiable information for these purposes:
- To respond to appropriate requests of legitimate government agencies or where required by applicable laws, court orders, or government regulations; or
- Where needed for corporate audits or to investigate or respond to a complaint or security threat.
No Third-Party Direct Marketing Use. We will not sell or otherwise transfer the personally identifiable information you provide to us at our websites to any third parties for their own direct marketing use unless we provide clear notice to you and obtain your explicit consent for your data to be shared in this manner.
Email a friend or colleague. On some LanesHealth sites, you can choose to send a link or a message to a friend or colleague referring them to a LanesHealth Website. Email addresses you may provide for a friend will be used to send your friend information on your behalf and will not be collected or used by LanesHealth or other third parties for additional purposes.
Links to other sites
Our sites contain links to a number of Websites that may offer useful information to our visitors. This privacy statement does not apply to those sites, and we recommend communicating to them directly for information on their privacy policies.
On some of our websites we will run competitions, for all competitions that we run the terms and conditions are clearly shown for your viewing.
Privacy statement for children
Our websites are directed at an adult audience. We do not collect any personally identifiable information from anyone we know to be under the age of 16 without the prior, verifiable consent of his or her legal representative. Such legal representative has the right, upon request, to view the information provided by the child and/or to require that it be deleted.
Additional information on websites
If a Website has particular provisions relating to privacy that differ from those stated here, those provisions will be disclosed to you on the page on which personally identifiable information is collected.
Updates to privacy statement
From time to time, LanesHealth may revise this online Privacy Statement. Any such changes to this Privacy Statement will be promptly communicated on this page. Continued use of our sites after receiving notice of a change in our Privacy Statement indicates your consent to the use of newly submitted information in accordance with the amended LanesHealth Privacy Statement. The effective date of this Privacy Statement is 1st May 2018.
Unless explicitly stated otherwise, this Privacy Statement applies to all LanesHealth websites.
How will G.R. Lane Health Products Ltd use the personal data it collects about me?
G.R. Lane Health Products Ltd will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary. G.R. Lane Health Products Ltd is required to retain information in accordance with the law, such as information needed for income tax and audit purposes. How long certain kinds of personal data should be kept may also be governed by specific business-sector requirements and agreed practices. Personal data may be held in addition to these periods depending on individual business needs.
Under what circumstances will G.R. Lane Health Products Ltd contact me?
Our aim is not to be intrusive, and we undertake not to ask irrelevant or unnecessary questions. Moreover, the information you provide will be subject to rigorous measures and procedures to minimise the risk of unauthorised access or disclosure.
Can I find out the personal data that the organisation holds about me?
G.R. Lane Health Products Ltd at your request, can confirm what information we hold about you and how it is processed. If G.R. Lane Health Products Ltd does hold personal data about you, you can request the following information:
- Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation that has determined how and why to process your data. In some cases, this will be a representative in the EU.
- Contact details of the data protection officer, where applicable.
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
- If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of G.R. Lane Health Products Ltd or a third party, information about those interests.
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
- If we intend to transfer the personal data to a third country or international organisation, information about how we ensure this is done securely. The EU has approved sending personal data to some countries because they meet a minimum standard of data protection. In other cases, we will ensure there are specific measures in place to secure your information.
- How long the data will be stored.
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
- The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
- Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
What forms of ID will I need to provide in order to access this?
G.R. Lane Health Products Ltd accepts the following forms of ID when information on your personal data is requested:
Passport, driving licence, birth certificate, utility bill.
Contact details of the Data Protection Team
Data Protection Team
G.R. Lane Health Products Ltd
Registered in England No. 843899
You can contact the Information Commissioners Office by telephone: 0303 123 1113 or via email : firstname.lastname@example.org or by post: Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire. SK9 5AF